Surf and Yoga Retreat
with Nina Heiberg
Join us for a week of surf, sun, fun and calm in Fuerteventura.
Through yoga, meditation and surf classes we explore the idea of riding the waves of life; both the ones in your mind, and the ones at the beach. Yoga, surfing and meditation are activities that complement each other well, and in just one week you will gain a new perspective on how to handle your mind, body and surfboard!
from 24 nov till 1 dec 2018
Beginners / intermediates (yoga and surf)
Yoga, meditation and surf
What will your week look like?
- Six days of two yoga classes per day with our yoga instructor Nina (morning session 90 minutes, evening session 60 minutes).
- The morning classes will generally focus on a dynamic and physical yoga practice with an introduction to some concepts/philosophical principles of yoga philosophy.
- We practice physical poses (asana), breathing exercises (pranayama) and simple meditation techniques, setting the stage for a relaxed stable mind and strong body ready for a day of surfing in the sun!
- The evening classes focus on relaxation and meditation, calming down and digesting the teachings of the day, both from yoga and surfing.
- During the day, we take you surfing with our highly qualified crew of surf instructors at some of Fuerteventura´s best surf spots (depending on the conditions during your stay and your level).
- First, the instructor will explain how the wave works, and what to pay attention to when in the water (currents, wind etc).
- You’ll then do a warm-up, and get started! You will learn how to paddle, do a take off, and surf small waves!
At the end of this retreat you will be familiar with the basics of surfing and yoga philosophy as well as basics of the physical practice of asana. You will also have been introduced to basic meditation techniques which you can continue to practice on your own. All classes are designed to support your evolution as a surfer and yogin(i).
Nina is an experienced and highly qualified yoga teacher. She has practiced yoga for more than 20 years and teaching for more than 10 years. From 2007 to 2011 she ran her own yoga school in Tahiti, she has taught several yoga retreats and workshops in Greece and Norway.
Nina Also has a background as an internationally recognized professional windsurfer, kiteboarder and surfer. At the height of her career in watersports she stood out as one of the best female kite-boarders in the world and was considered a pioneer in her sport.
Your yoga instructor is also an avid surfer and will join some surf sessions, giving you additional expert advice to progress your surfing skills, and how you can use your yoga in your surfing.
Line Up is the only Surfcamp in Fuerteventura that has been purposely redesigned and rebuilt as such. Surf holiday and kitesurf experience; comfortable and clean accommodation in a modern, spacious, and stylish design.
Free Laundry Area
Smart Tv Netflix
Sport goods Storage
Chill out deck area
2 big Kitchens